Home Buying Advice
- Should I Rent or Own My Home? Before you even begin the shopping process, the first question you may ask yourself is, on the surface, quite basic: Does it make sense for you to buy your home?
- Getting Your Home Ready for the Market Any marketing or sales professional will tell you that the packaging is just as important as the product you are selling.
- It Pays to Ask Questions when Shopping for a Home Home Buyers often look at dozens of homes before finding the one that fits the bill. In order to avoid unpleasant surprises after you've moved in, you'll need to get answers to some direct questions.
- Knowing Your Rights as a Borrower Several federal laws provide you with protection during the processing of your loan.
- Shopping for a Mortgage: All Loans Are NOT Created Equal Never before has there been such a wide range of sources for home mortgages.
- The Application Process: What's the Lender Doing with all My Information? Before you receive a loan, the lender will require that an application be completed.
- There's More Than One Type of Home Loan Different borrowers have different needs. For that reason, lenders offer an array of home loan products.
- Buying Down the Rate: Paying Now or Paying Later Many lenders will offer a lower interest rate for your loan when the borrower pays a fee up front.
- Buying a Home: The Cast of Characters Buying a home is an involved process, and you likely won't do it alone.
- I'll Take It! Now that you've done your homework, pre-approved your mortgage, and zeroed in on the home you'd like to buy, it is time to make an offer.
- The Nuts and Bolts of Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) If you plan on having less than a 20% down payment on your home, you may have to budget a little extra for Private Mortgage Insurance.
- Understanding Payments & Escrows A mortgage payment is comprised of much more than a traditional consumer loan.
Home Equity Loans
- Understanding the Second Mortgage: Home Equity Loans If you're a homeowner with equity in your residence, you may be in for some good news.