Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits.
Current Position(s) Available:
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
Division: Mortgage Department
Reports To: Mortgage Lending Manager
In this position you will provide highly skilled assistance in the processing department on residential mortgages. Ensure that all credit packages and disclosure packages meet quality and regulatory standards for completeness, accuracy and timelines. Ensure that all credit packages comply with regulatory requirements as well as internal guidelines. You will work closely with the mortgage department, funding group and report directly to the Mortgage Lending Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned;
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, every time by ensuring employees deliver consistent high-quality service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Service Promises.
- Must be detail oriented and possess solid organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities under pressure of deadlines and time restraints.
- Ensure timely and independent processing of mortgage loan files in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and credit union policies and procedures form origination through funding.
- Review the file when received and orders or oversees the ordering of all appropriate documents including credit report, credit report updates, title work, appraisal, final inspections, hazard insurance, flood certification and flood insurance if required. Ensure that all hazard and flood insurance meet all requirements prior to loan closing. Provide details of any items that may be needed or questions to be addressed.
- Ensure accuracy by reviewing and analyzing all aspects of the mortgage credit package including accuracy of file input, timely delivery of application disclosures, title policy, assets and asset documentation, income figures and income documentation – personal/corporate tax returns, credit reports/credit documentation and appraisal review.
- Ability to run appropriate AUS on each file, verify and validate AUS findings and document file accordingly.
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with members, realtors, AMC’s, title/escrow companies and others in the department to ensure efficient and timely closings.
- Become familiar with and adhere to our Real Estate Lending policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Real Estate Lending rules and regulations.
- Be familiar with the different mortgage insurance vendors in order to be able to submit a file for coverage.
- Document all changes and/or communications for the file in the Mortgage Click system.
- Learn the USDA online system (GUS) to be able to input and/or make changes to files and submit for guarantee approval.
- Communicate with the Loan Originator regarding the status of the loan. Reach out to applicant(s) as needed for additional documentation or information.
- Re-disclose loans as necessary when changes occur.
- Prepare a complete loan file with a timely submission to underwriting and closing in order to meet scheduled contract or other predetermined deadlines.
- Ensures that all conditions have or will be met prior to providing the file to the closing department for preparation of closing documents.
- Prepare documents needed for closing the loan. Provide documents to the appropriate parties on files that are required to close through escrow.
- Provides appropriate documentation to closing department for payment of file-related expenses. Promptly forward all bills/invoices. Etc. to mortgage funding group for payment at closing.
- Provide quality member service by answering questions for external and internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform or cause to be performed all other functions that may be required by immediate supervisor.
- 85 - 90% of this job requires data-entry and/or keyboard work
- Performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision when properly trained.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and accept change
- Remain current on and adhere to all regulatory required training
- Promotes teamwork in the department and other departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently in a non-supervised environment.
- Familiarity with the credit union systems, preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service, verbal and written communication.
- Neatness in appearance.
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented and highly organized with proven follow-up capabilities.
- Knowledge of loan documentation policies and mortgage lending regulations.
Identifies problems and develops procedures to resolve or correct the situation. Monitors and measures the results. Provides excellent member service and solves member related problems quickly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years of mortgage processing or similar related experience with a solid knowledge of FNMA and USDA products required.
- Second mortgage experience preferred
- Preliminary underwriting experience preferred
- NMLS License preferred
You may also email your resume to [email protected] or mail your resume to:
Northwest Plus Credit Union Attn: Employment
2821 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.