Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits.
Current Position(s) Available:
Member Service Representative (MSR)
*Must have ongoing flexibility to work at any of our six branch locations*.
(Everett, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Smokey Point, Stanwood, Burlington)
The primary responsibilities of a Member Service Representative is to expand member relationships by identifying and meeting member’s needs by effectively cross-selling Credit Union products and services. Build relationships with our members, engage members, and educate them about our products and services. Open new accounts. Assist members with inquiries, requests, and/or problems in a friendly, respectful, and professional manner. Maintain branch surroundings that reflect the Credit Union’s commitment to provide a friendly, respectful, courteous and professional business environment for all Credit Union members. Contribute to efficient Credit Union operations by performing duties accurately and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide exceptional member service including making eye contact, welcoming and greeting members, and demonstrating willingness to help.
Ability to recognize and adapt to traffic flow.
Perform routine member transactions including: deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing. Sell money orders and cashier’s checks. Accept requests for stop payments, wire transfers, perform file maintenance on accounts, order debit/credit cards and various other items. Provide members with account status information, including current balances and accurate loan pay-offs. Assist members to resolve discrepancies and grievances. Provide accurate accounting of transactions by balancing and preparing daily balance sheet.
Provide members with loan applications and any other forms necessary to transact business with the Credit Union. May accept, review and process completed loan applications including, VISA, Consumer and Home Equity. Assure that all conditions set for approval have been satisfied, and fund approved loans.
Open new accounts including: savings, checking, money market, certificates of deposit, business accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s), ESA/Trust/Estate/Rep Payee/UTTMA/Guardianship and Blocked accounts. Enroll or opt-out members for telephone banking and/or online banking, and opt out members of E-statements, as applicable. Assist members with completing direct deposit/transfer forms, fraud and dispute forms.
Place member check order/re-order, issue/reissue debit and/or credit cards. Make changes to existing accounts, including name, addresses and other pertinent or confidential information.
Provide information on Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of Credit Union accounts, various interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours and telephone numbers.
May assist with vault duties which includes preparing and forwarding the order for cash to Loomis and Accounting department; verify cash received, fill MSR cash orders,
maintain full vault security and balance vault cash nightly, as assigned. Track and maintain visitor badge log for the branch, on a daily basis.
Maintain intra/interdepartmental work flow by providing information to, and cooperating with co-workers and working on variety of special department projects as needed.
Stay current with operational changes and required trainings.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING Experience: One or more years of successful work experience in a financial institution; cash handling and experience in opening new accounts and lending.
Preferred Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to proficiently explain remote delivery channels and options to members.
Knowledge of the fundamentals of lending, and loan collection concepts and practices.
Knowledge of new account principles, savings, checking, money market, certificates of deposit, business accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s)
Ability to attain or have knowledge of financial institution procedures, services and programs.
Ability to understand the particulars of monetary transactions.
Ability to work effectively, accurately, efficiently with a high degree of attention to detail.
Ability to be flexible and responsive in order to provide the highest quality of service to internal and external members.
Must possess and exhibit a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and patience.
Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Employee must demonstrate the ability to interact tactfully and positively with co-workers, members, management and the public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
Requires the ability to operate, repetitively at times, a personal computer and calculator. Also requires ability to operate multi-line telephone, printer, facsimile and photocopier.
Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for up to 4 hours at a time; use hand to find, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
must lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Division: Accounting Department
Location: Everett, WA
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
In this position you are responsible for the integrity of the company’s financial reporting. Leading a team of four, ensure that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner while remaining in compliance with state and federal laws. Working with the senior management team to provide solutions towards meeting company-wide objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned;
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, every time by ensuring employees deliver consistent high-quality service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Service Promises.
- Must be detail oriented and possess solid organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities under pressure of deadlines and time restraints.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the daily activities of the accounting department
- Provide leadership, direction and training of accounting staff to promote progress toward goals and objectives
- Work with Sr. Management on recurring reviews by outside CPA firm as well as state and federal regulators.
- Main general ledger system, including chart of accounts and produce data as requested.
- Maintain fixed asset and prepaid modules.
- Leader of month-end closing processes, ensuring timely reporting to management.
- Supports budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with members, co-workers, vendors and counterparts at other financial institutions.
- Familiarity with and adherence to Board Policies.
- Provide quality member service by answering questions for external and internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform or cause to be performed all other functions that may be required by immediate supervisor.
- PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision when properly trained
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and accept change
- Remain current on and adhere to all required regulatory training
- Promotes teamwork in the department and other departmentsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work independently in a non-supervised environment
- Familiarity with the credit union systems, preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, customer service, verbal and written communication
- Neatness in appearance
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and highly organized with proven follow-up capabilities
- Knowledge of regulations, especially those pertinent to accounting and finance
- PC Proficiency
- DECISION MAKING:
- Identifies problems and develops procedures to resolve or correct the situation. Monitors and measures the results. Provides excellent member service and solves member related problems quickly.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a business related field is preferred
- 2-4 years of accounting or similar related experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Financial Institution experience preferred
You may also email your resume to [email protected] or mail your resume to:
Northwest Plus Credit Union Attn: Employment
2821 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.