Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits.
Current Position(s) Available:
Member Service Representative (MSR) - Full Time
The primary responsibilities of a Member Service Representative is to expand member relationships by identifying and meeting member’s needs by effectively cross-selling Credit Union products and services. Build relationships with our members, engage members, and educate them about our products and services. Open new accounts. Assist members with inquiries, requests, and/or problems in a friendly, respectful, and professional manner. Maintain branch surroundings that reflect the Credit Union’s commitment to provide a friendly, respectful, courteous and professional business environment for all Credit Union members. Contribute to efficient Credit Union operations by performing duties accurately and in a timely manner.
*Must have ongoing flexibility to work at any of our six (6) branch locations*
(Everett, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Smokey Point, Stanwood, Burlington)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide exceptional member service including making eye contact, welcoming and greeting members, and demonstrating willingness to help.
Ability to recognize and adapt to traffic flow.
Perform routine member transactions including: deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing. Sell money orders and cashier’s checks. Accept requests for stop payments, wire transfers, perform file maintenance on accounts, order debit/credit cards and various other items. Provide members with account status information, including current balances and accurate loan pay-offs. Assist members to resolve discrepancies and grievances. Provide accurate accounting of transactions by balancing and preparing daily balance sheet.
Provide members with loan applications and any other forms necessary to transact business with the Credit Union. May accept, review and process completed loan applications including, VISA, Consumer and Home Equity. Assure that all conditions set for approval have been satisfied, and fund approved loans.
Open new accounts including: savings, checking, money market, certificates of deposit, business accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s), ESA/Trust/Estate/Rep Payee/UTTMA/Guardianship and Blocked accounts. Enroll or opt-out members for telephone banking and/or online banking, and opt out members of E-statements, as applicable. Assist members with completing direct deposit/transfer forms, fraud and dispute forms.
Place member check order/re-order, issue/reissue debit and/or credit cards. Make changes to existing accounts, including name, addresses and other pertinent or confidential information.
Provide information on Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of Credit Union accounts, various interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours and telephone numbers.
May assist with vault duties which includes preparing and forwarding the order for cash to Loomis and Accounting department; verify cash received, fill MSR cash orders, maintain full vault security and balance vault cash nightly, as assigned.
Track and maintain visitor badge log for the branch, on a daily basis.
Maintain intra/interdepartmental work flow by providing information to, and cooperating with co-workers and working on variety of special department projects as needed.
Stay current with operational changes and required trainings.
Experience: One or more years of successful work experience in a financial institution;
cash handling and experience in opening new accounts and lending. Preferred
Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be flexible to work at any branch location.
Ability to proficiently explain remote delivery channels and options to members.
Knowledge of the fundamentals of lending, and loan collection concepts and practices.
Knowledge of new account principles, savings, checking, money market, certificates of deposit, business accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA’s)
Ability to attain or have knowledge of financial institution procedures, services and programs.
Ability to understand the particulars of monetary transactions.
Ability to work effectively, accurately, efficiently with a high degree of attention to detail.
Ability to be flexible and responsive in order to provide the highest quality of service to internal and external members.
Must possess and exhibit a high degree of professionalism, maturity, and patience.
Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
Employee must demonstrate the ability to interact tactfully and positively with co-workers, members, management and the public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
Requires the ability to operate, repetitively at times, a personal computer and calculator. Also requires ability to operate multi-line telephone, printer, facsimile and photocopier.
Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for up to 4 hours at a time; use hand to find, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;must lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, as needed.
Mortgage Processor - Temporary to Permanent Position
In this position you will work with the Mortgage team processing mortgage application files. You will work closely with the other Processor and report directly to the Mortgage Lending Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned;
• Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, every time by ensuring employees deliver consistently high quality service to both internal and external member that is in alignment with our Service Promises.
• Review all new mortgage application requests when received from the originators. Provide details of any items that may be needed or questions to be addressed.
• Review underwriting stipulations & be aware of what they are.
• Become familiar with and adhere to our Real Estate Lending policies and procedures.
• Become familiar with and adhere to Real Estate Lending rules and regulations.
• Order appraisals, title reports, verifications, etc. as needed.
• Be familiar with the different mortgage insurance vendors in order to be able to submit a file for coverage.
• Document all changes and/or communications for the file in the MortgageClick system.
• Learn the USDA on line system (GUS) to be able to input and/or make changes to files, and submit for guarantee approval.
• Communicate with the loan Originator regarding the status of the loan. Reach out to applicant(s) as needed for additional documentation or information.
• Re-disclose loans as necessary when changes occur.
• Prepare file for final underwriting review when all documentation/information has been received.
• Prepare documents needed for closing the loan. Provide documents to the appropriate parties on files that are required to close through escrow.
• Represent the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
• Perform or cause to be performed all other functions that may be required by immediate supervisor.
• 85 - 90% of this job requires data-entry and/or keyboard work
Performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision when property trained.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work independently in a non-supervised environment.
• Familiarity with the credit union systems.
• Excellent communication skills, customer service, verbal and written communication.
• Neatness in appearance.
• Must be self motivated, detail oriented and highly organized with proven follow-up capabilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Mortgage processing experience not required but preferred.
In accordance with the credit union’s marketing plan and initiatives, develops implements and maintains the credit unions advertising materials to provide accurate, up-to-date information on products, services, rates, promotions, articles, etc. Assists in promoting credit union products and services via the various delivery channels and evaluates results in reaching members and potential members through growth. Coordinates and evaluates all applicable vender relations as it relates to marketing objectives. Assists in promoting a positive image for the credit union that projects distinctiveness and brand recognition to current and potential members. Work well within a team environment, as Marketing Specialist will work directly with the existing Marketing Committee and SR Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES additional duties assigned depending on experience, knowledge and due to changing circumstances.
- Development and execution of the overall marketing and operational plans including promotional events, print media, literature, awareness-building initiatives, direct member contact, and motivating the service-delivery personnel to provide exceptional member service.
- Writing press releases and other informational, promotional, and educational materials for specific target groups or for general distribution to members. May include working with external vendors (marketing agency, direct mail vendors, website and statement provider, and various online relationships) to coordinate as well as complete; the design, development and production of informational media.
- Create, write and/or coordinate newsletter articles, event notices, promotional campaign information, and rate updates.
- Assists in ensuring that all information on the internet is accurate, compliant and relevant as well as updated in a timely manner. This would include website, Facebook, YouTube and various online rating sites and search engines.
- Explore new ways to serve members and to increase member usage of credit union products and services through efficient communication via electronic mail, campaigns, and social media platforms.
- Ability to produce quality graphics.
- Experience with digital photography.
- Eventually performs other functions that facilitates the objective of the marketing department such as placing orders for materials and supplies, handle member inquiries, ability to attend community functions as needed i.e. Chamber and other community networking opportunities.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with team members to reach common goals.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Must fully understand organization’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Business Plan. Must be familiar with all products and services and have a clear understanding of traditional and contemporary ways and means of delivering and encouraging members to use these products and services. Cooperative and positive attitude towards members and staff. Professional appearance and demeanor. A demonstrated team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An appropriate business degree with emphasis in Marketing and/or Graphic Design, or minimum two years’ related work experience in marketing.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common organization industry events, journals, financial trends, and consumer oriented issues. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or consumers of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to SR Management, Board of Directors, public groups, staff and membership. Being able to speak other languages desired especially Spanish.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to operate a personal computer with a high level of proficiency in such software applications as word processing, graphics, web design, html, xml, Publisher, Administrative experience with Facebook, YouTube, managing various search engines, experience with blogging. Must have strong knowledge and desire to manage social media.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the need to occasionally use instructing skills, consensus building skills, and negotiating skills; to frequently use resourcefulness, problem solving, persuasiveness, and concentration; to continuously use creativity, reading and writing ability, imagination, and visual perception in all mediums.
You may also email your resume to email@example.com or mail your resume to:
Northwest Plus Credit Union Attn: Employment
2821 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.