Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits.
Current Position(s) Available:
POSITION TITLE: Member Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
SUPERVISES: No One
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
UPDATED: July 2020
I. Basic Responsibilities
Provide exceptional service to our members and expand member service relationships by handling member financial transactions. Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote and advise on credit union product and services.
- Essential Functions
- Promote strong member relationships and conduct exceptional member service.
- Initiate and open new accounts.
- Provide account services to members by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, issuing withdraws, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Answer questions in person or on the telephone and refers members to other services as necessary.
- Cross-sells financial products by answering inquiries, informing members of new services and product promotions, and understand member needs.
- Maintains member confidence and protects credit union operations by keeping information confidential.
- Actively contribute to branch business goals, as well as individual sales and customer service goals.
- Demonstrate good risk management decisions, including displaying solid knowledge of guidelines for fraud prevention and robbery.
- Comply and stay up-to-date with applicable laws, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Maintain and balance the cash drawer on a daily basis by accounting for cash assigned, received, and disbursed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
III. Education and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with handling cash and interacting with consumers in a retail or service-based environment.
1-2 years of experience as a teller or in a related field preferred.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to represent the credit union in a positive, professional manner in person, on the telephone and in written correspondence.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and security in sensitive areas.
- Ability to operate routine office equipment.
- Flexibility and capacity to manage many responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
Ability to organize projects, to prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- Working Conditions
- Physical Demands
- Frequent standing.
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Frequent finger manipulation to perform various duties such as typing, filing, writing, and entering data into the computer.
- Use of Senses
- Frequent oral conversations, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to hear or otherwise receive information, and understand that information, from communications in person and on the telephone.
Ability to view a computer monitor for frequent periods of time.
You may also email your resume to [email protected] or mail your resume to:
Northwest Plus Credit Union Attn: Employment/HR
2821 Hewitt Ave
Everett, WA 98201
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.