Enjoy the power of Visa® — plus local service from people right next door. Our credit cards let you shop, build credit, and earn rewards.
- No Annual Fee
- Competitive Rates
- EMV-Chip Security
- Local Service
- Make payments here in Washington and across the globe
- EMV-chip enabled for enhanced security
- No annual fee
- Lower interest rates
- Travel, accident, and baggage delay insurance
- Free fraud monitoring
- Visa zero liability protection1
- Visa transaction alerts
- Optional payment protection insurance
Visit our FAQ to learn more about NW+ Visa credit cards.
1Visa's Zero Liability Policy covers U.S.-issued cards and does not apply to certain commercial card transactions or any transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
It pays to have our Visa Platinum Rewards credit card. With Points that Pay, our rewards cash-back program, you can spend and save all in one transaction. Redeem rewards points for gift cards, merchandise, travel, and more.
- No annual fees
- Points that Pay: Cash Back program
- No Fee balance transfers
- Earn 1 point for every dollar charged on purchases
- Earn 2 points for every dollar charged on gasoline and grocery purchases
- Visit the CU Rewards website to find out more about redeeming points
- Enjoy significant savings on cash advance fees and more
Keep track of your account activity anytime, anywhere through Visa Alerts. Receive email or text alerts about what's most important to you:
- Declined transactions
- Transactions over the phone, online or through the mail
- Transactions made at gas stations
- Transaction exceeding a specific dollar amount
- Transactions made outside of the US
Catch fraud right as it happens with Visa alerts.1 Simply log in to your credit card account online to sign up.
1Cardholders are responsible for reporting any suspicious or fraudulent activity to their credit union.
Your new NW+ credit card comes enhanced with chip technology, which means it's more secure. It's the most fraud-resistant payment you can use — and we’re proud to offer it.
How to Use
Your new chip card is different than the old magnetic stripe card. It's more secure, but using it is a little different as well — watch this video to learn how to use your new card:
To use your new card, you will do the following:
- Swipe your card like normal.
- If the terminal is not chip card-enabled (merchants are migrating to this new technology and not all have the chip card-enabled software), the transaction will be processed the same as normal
- If the terminal is chip card-enabled, the terminal will read the magnetic stripe and recognize it as a chip card. The message on the terminal screen will read "Please insert the chip card into the terminal. "If prompted to insert your card into the terminal, insert your card. The terminal will authenticate your chip card and keep it safely inside the terminal until you've finished your transaction. This authentication process prevents someone else from using your card.
- Remember your PIN. Terminals may use different formats to authenticate the card user. There are two methods that can be used to authenticate the cardholder either through PIN Authentication or Signature Based
- Remove your card when transaction is done. After you receive your transaction receipt, and before you leave, remember to remove your card. Some terminals will beep to remind you, but others won't.